Hi there,
I’ve previously written in with an issue that’s happening on my index blog page as well as an issue related to the image I’m featuring in my blog posts, however since that thread has been closed, I’m starting a new post.
I have the website (http://scandinavianearthchild.com/category/all/ and in my blog section index (see link) some of my blog posts comes up with the excerpt rather than the full text. How can I change this so that all posts will appear underneath each other in the index page the same way (with my featured image above the blog text followed by the next post)? Is there a way for me to write the excerpt, so google picks it up, but for it to not appear anywhere visibly on my site (kind of like it’s )?
Also, I’ve created the settings/put in a code so that the image I’m featuring with the post comes up above the blog text in the post, however in some of the blog posts the image doesn’t appear. It only appears on the index page, but not if you click on the blog post itself. How can I change this?
This is the following code and response I received on the last support thread:
If you go to this link: http://scandinavianearthchild.com/category/personal-blog/ you’ll see that the first post looks like a summary with a photo to the left next to my excerpt of the post.
Underneath that is another layout where the image appears double as if it’s showing the image to the left but instead of showing the excerpt it’s showing the post in it’s full length.
Then after that there’s the layout I wish the entire page would have; the post appears in it’s full length but the image isn’t shown twice.
All of the posts have the same settings so I don’t understand why some of them come up differently on the index page. Could this be a bug? Or could there be a setting somewhere else that’s causing this? I’ve already checked in the blog settings section that the settings are set to show post in full text.
I look forward to your reply.
Thanks very much for your assistance.
Mai
Secure Note

christopher.amirian
Staff
Nov '17

Hi there,
Thank you for your detailed explanation of the issue.
I should insist that you use the Featured Image on your posts and remove the images which you have added inside the blog post itself. So please kindle again remove the CSS code which hides the Featured Image on the Single Post page.
For the single posts, I suggest that you add the CSS code below which will make it look like what you have in mind with the title at the top and featured image below that:
.single-post article.post {
position: relative;
}
.single-post .x-main.full .hentry .entry-featured {
max-width: 599px;
margin: 108px auto 0;
}
.single-post article.post .entry-wrap .entry-header {
position: absolute;
top: 0;
width: 100%;
height: 90px;
}
For the listing page kindly add the CSS code below:
.archive .x-main .hentry {
position: relative;
}
.archive .x-main .hentry>.entry-featured {
float: none;
max-width: 599px;
margin: 108px auto 0;
width: 100%;
}
.archive .x-main .hentry.has-post-thumbnail>.entry-wrap {
float: none;
width: 100%;
padding-left: 0;
}
.archive .x-main .hentry.has-post-thumbnail>.entry-wrap .entry-header {
position: absolute;
top: 0;
width: 100%;
margin: 30px 0 0 ;
}
Thanks so much for your help - I look forward to your reply.
Kind wishes,
Mai