Blog Gallery - Featured image thumbnails not loading

Good morning,

I’ve just renewed support so really hoping you can help.

My site which uses Pro theme is not loading the images in the Post Gallery view.

I’ve already tried:

• Disabling all plugins, (and clearing cache)
  • Re-installing the parent Pro theme,
  • I’ve checked through all the custom CSS and JS code I cannot find anything causing the issue.
  • There is CSS in place on individual posts to hide the featured image, but this did not use to impact the gallery view. Plus I’ve tried removing this page-specific code and it does not affect the gallery page issue).

If I change to a non-Themeco theme, the blog images show as expected in the Gallery view.

Thanks for your help

Hello @draper3000,

Thanks for writing to us.

Please make sure you have set the post format as Gallery. To show the gallery you need to attach multiple images to the specific posts from Media by clicking on the Attach link marked in the screenshot.

Now you need to select the post title.

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
The images have already been assigned to the blog post. It’s an old site that has used Pro theme for years. It used to display the featured images in the main Blog page.

I’ll include the login details securely below:

Hello @draper3000,

it seems that there is an issue with the CDN cache and custom CSS code issue, I also noticed there are custom CSS syntax errors. I would suggest you please purge all the CDN cache and fix the custom CSS code error.

I would suggest you please add this custom CSS code to display the thumbnail and gallery image.

.entry-featured {
display: block;
}

The purpose of providing custom CSS is to show you how to add CSS code to your site. Writing custom CSS is outside the scope of our theme support. If you need more customization, you need to learn CSS and learn how to use the browser’s element inspector.In case if you have no idea about coding you can subscribe to One where customization questions are answered.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi,
Thanks for your in-depth reply.
I’ve disabled the rocker loader on Cloud Flare.
I’ve cleared the cache there and with my host (WP-Engine).
Plus Disabled all plugins
Plus I tried removing all CSS and JS code including that in the functions.Php.

But the error still happens.

Hmmm… a bit stumped as to what is causing it.

If I change themes it works and shows the images in the blog gallery.

Any other ideas?

Hello @draper3000,

I have investigated your issue and here is what I found out:
You have edited each of those posts with the Cornerstone builder and in each of those posts, you have added this:

.single .entry-featured {
display:none;
}

.single .entry-header {
    display: none;
}

To get this resolve, you can edit each of those post items and remove the CSS block or just use this custom CSS instead:

.blog .post .entry-featured,
.archive .post .entry-featured{
    display: block !important;
}

Be advised that custom coding is beyond the scope of our support under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One service for further assistance.

kindly let us know how it goes.

Brilliant, thankyou.
The code of each of those posts hides the Featured image and title from the actual post page, but did not used to hide the featured image on the main blog gallery page.

Just by adding the code you’ve shared to one post, as ‘Post CSS’, it has fixed the issue for all pages on the gallery view. I’m not sure why that works but it does.

You are most welcome.
The code is meant to override the individual CSS code you have added in each post.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.