Blog Bumped under Header +

Hello! I am wondering if you could help me, I am running into some formatting issues for a separate page blog I am working on.

I would like to do the following:

• Move the posts down below the header on the blog summary page
  • Set up a Search Display Box
  • Set up a template for a blog post to be duplicated then written over
  • Override the template’s styling to the branded style/type of the website

Hello Emily,

Thanks for the very detailed post information. At the moment, you can only add a slider to your pages. There isn’t an option that you can add it easily for the blog index and individual single posts. What you have in min requires custom coding which is beyond the scope of our support already.

Note: We are unable to provide support for customizations under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One or Care service for further assistance.

Please do check this old thread instead:

If you wait a little longer, you may want to check out our latest feature in the Pro theme which is the Layout builder. Read more about it from here: https://theme.co/content/status-report-october-02-2020#layout-builder

Best Regards.

Maybe I didn’t articulate the problem, I have no interest in adding a slider :slight_smile:

I am looking to style ONLY the blog pages.

The main blog page I would like to add a sidebar with a search function.
The single blog pages, I would like a max width applied.

Thank you!

Hello Emily,

Since you have selected to have a fullwidth content layout in the global Theme Options, you can no longer have a sidebar.
Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 9.52.17 AM

It is best that you go to X > Theme Options > Layout and Design > Content Layout and select “Content Left, Sidebar Right” or “Sidebar Left, Content Right” layout so that you can have a sidebar in your blog index. You can then go to Appearance > Widgets to be able to insert a search widget to your Main Sidebar area.

The sidebar on the single blog post can be removed by adding a custom code which has been provided on this old thread:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.