Blog archive grid

Hi. I have a blog archive for a particular category. Two questions:

How can I add a page title? I found a plugin which allows me to add a category to a page but it is very restrictive design wise and this is the page I would like to add a title to and there is 2 others just like it.
https://dev.schoolsrule.org/category/schools-rule-ad-campaign/2017-ad-campaign/

How can I force the thumbnails to stay on a single page without paging. In this case, it breaks the content on the bottom row with a single item and the next page has just two items. The page is set to be 3 columns by default. Thank you.

Hi,

You can adjust the number of posts shown in your archive pages under Settings > Reading > Blog pages show at most

To add category title, you can add the code below in your child theme’s functions.php file.

function add_category_title() {
    if(is_category()) {?>
        <header class="x-header-landmark x-container max width">
    <h1 class="h-landmark"><span> <?php echo single_cat_title(); ?></span></h1>

  </header>
       
        <?php
    }
    
}

add_action( 'x_after_view_global__slider-below', 'add_category_title', 10 );

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Thank you. Bookmarked forever more.

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.