Blank page on Safari and HTTP ERROR 500 on Chrome

Hi.
I just purchased X-theme and also upgraded right away to pro from the member area. I then activated it using the pro key.
Now, whenever I click on “cornerstone”, “templates”, “theme options” or “Global blocks” of the theme’s link in wordpress dashboard, I get a blank page in safari and “This page isn’t working …com is currently unable to handle this request.” HTTP ERROR 500 in chrome.

Please help and advise.

Thank you.

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for writing in! Error 500 is an internal server error and it usually means a PHP fatal error. You need to enable WP_DEBUG mode by following this guide here (https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG) and when you revisit your site, you should see corresponding PHP error messages.

Further, you can follow the instructions below and see if you can isolate the issue. Most possible causes are due to caching or plugin conflicts. Also check your PHP version and memory limit.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the Theme Options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you so much. No.6 did the trick by resetting .htaccess.

One more thing please. When I try to activate cornerstone, I get the following error:
Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Cornerstone_Plugin_Base in /home/name/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/plugin-base.php on line 6

I tried to delete it, re-uploaded it manually once from the X-theme folder and another time from the pro folder. Neither worked and I still get the same error.

Can you please guide me on what I should do?

Thank you very much for your outstanding support.

Hi Ahmed,

Glad to hear that the error 500 is resolved now.

Regarding your Cornerstone issue, since you’re using PRO please delete your Cornerstone plugin.
Cornerstone is built-in in PRO so the plugin makes it redundant

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you so very much. You guys rock. Now, I’ll go back and try to figure out the rest of the theme :smile:

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.