Blank page after updating from 2.0.4 to 2.1.6

Dear Support,

I use Pro Theme on several pages and with all pages I’m getting blank page after updating Pro Theme from version 2.0.4 to 2.1.6. Admin page works OK. I tried to find a conflict, but without success. Can you help me please?

Thanks,
Pavel

Hi @psimonek,

Thanks for writing in.

Usually, the site will show blank page if there is an error occurred.

It could be a script conflict or broken theme upon updating.

Try to create a staging site so we could further test your setup.

Don’t forget to add your credential in a secure note

Thanks.

Dear @nico,

I’m sorry, I don’t have any staging site. But I’m OK you to go to live web. I already sent credentials.

Thanks,
Pavel

Hi There,

Thanks for writing again!

I can see the pages are working fine in Editor and live too.
Can you please confirm which particular page showing blank? so that we can have a look.
I tried with several pages and works fine.
lease check secure note for a screenshot.

Thanks

Hi,

sure it works fine, because I put site back to older Pro version to get it work :confused: So I updated it again now for you to see, that it doesn’t work now.

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

There is an error on the server now preventing your website from being displayed as it should, I know this happened after updating Pro theme to the latest version, that’s why I recommend checking the server error log files to see if there is any error messages related to Pro theme that caused this issue, to do that there is two ways:

• Consult your hosting provider regarding the location of the server error log files.

• Edit wp-config.php file and replace this line:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

with:
define('WP_DEBUG', true); define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true); define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
After that, reload any page on your website and once it shows the white screen of death, check (/wp-content/debug.log) file for any error message there.

Most probably it’s a memory limitation issue that causes such a problem, if so, please follow this guide to increase the memory limit on your server:

If you couldn’t resolve this issue at this stage, then please provide us with FTP login details in a Secure Note reply so we can investigate this issue.

Thanks.

P.S. If you don’t know how to send a Secure Note, please check this article.

Hi Alaa,

thanks for tip with logs. I found error message about script removing Google fonts globally, because I’m using own fonts hosted locally. I just commented script in Pro-child there and it works.

Thanks a lot,
Pavel

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.