Billing state is missing

Hi, some of our shoppers are complaining that they cannot place an order because it is telling them that the billing state is missing even though the billing state field is not visible.
Can you please advise?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! What’s the WooCommerce version that you’re using? Make sure to use X compatible version as mentioned here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195) which is WooCommerce v3.3.3.

Also make sure that you’re using the latest version of X theme & Cornerstone plugin as well.

If you’re still having issues, first try disabling your WooCommerce addons and test and then you can test for a plugin conflict by disabling all of your 3rd party plugins.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

using:
WooCommerce Version 3.3.4
Cornerstone Version 3.0.4
X Version: 6.0.4

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

ok, ill attach it here again

Hi there,

I checked the website and saw that the Checkout Editor settings are correct and you set the state is set as it should be:

Then I did a test to buy a product and there is no error regarding the state:

The only error I get is regarding the Cart information which I did not add in the form:

Thank you.

The error is shown primarily in countries like France, South Korea etc

Hello there,

I can confirm your issue on my end. I can see it when you select either France or South Korea as your country in the checkout form.

I took a search and found out there are no states for these countries. For France, they have regions, while provinces for South Korea.

Fortunately, you can add these regions/provinces in the State field by adding some lines of code into the functions.php of your child theme. I’ve shared resources below for you to check.

You can also do this for other countries that don’t have states.

I can see that you don’t have a child theme installed. Setting it up is quite easy. You can simply follow the steps on our guide here.

Hope this helps.

that doesnt really help. before we updated the theme to the latest version we had this fix in the functions file:

after the update i tried adding it to the functions and it broke some elements in the theme.
Please advise a fix that would change the billing state field to be a NOT required field.
Thanks!

Hello there,

Let us try the code below:

add_filter( 'woocommerce_billing_fields', 'woo_filter_state_billing', 10, 1 );
add_filter( 'woocommerce_shipping_fields', 'woo_filter_state_shipping', 10, 1 );

function woo_filter_state_billing( $address_fields ) {
      $address_fields['billing_state']['required'] = false;
      return $address_fields;
}

function woo_filter_state_shipping( $address_fields ) { 
       $address_fields['shipping_state']['required'] = false;
       return $address_fields;
}

Hope this helps.

im not sure this solved it. im on the checkout page and it shows that they are required

Hi there,

How did you implement the code? I checked and there is no child theme, and it’s not even present in the parent theme. Please add that code to your child theme’s functions.php

Please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57 too :slight_smile:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.