Bigger text input fields?

Any plans of making the input fields wider in Pro so that we have more room to work with longer calc() values? It’s a pain to edit calc() values with only about 40px of visible input area. When editing the size of a graphic icon today, I realized how absolutely wonderful it was to have a much wider area to see my calc value compared to the much smaller width box below it:

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 10.35.17 AM

Side note: I’m noticing now that the calc() isn’t valid in this font size field. Why so? I can do it with css, is that the only option?:

#cs-content .x-quote .x-graphic-icon {font-size:calc(26px + (60 - 26) * ((100vw - 300px) / (1600 - 300)))}

Hi @threeoten,

Thank you for writing in, how did you apply the calc()? Your formula actually works fine on my end.

Thanks for the feedback, but for now I advise that if you have a long formula in calc() please write that on your text editor first and then just copy and paste it.

Cheers!

But it’s very valuable to see the changes you make to your calc() be reflected on the live preview by making the changes in Pro and not in another editor… copy and pasting 10 times back and forth until I get the right look would be quite annoying. I end up just using the arrow keys to move the cursor to the values I need to edit.

I guess consider it a feature request: wider inputs or even a small popout field to do edits in.

Yes sure, I’ve added this as a feature request so it can be taken into consideration for future development.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.