Big problems after updating Cornerstone and X

URL: thecollabrium.com

I finally updated many of my X sites to the most current versions, and did not have problems. But one site did not update without issues. I followed this same process for all site updates:

  1. Turn off Cloudflare for the site
  2. Make an Updraft backup
  3. Clear all site caches
  4. Update Cornerstone
  5. Clear caches again
  6. Update X
  7. Clear caches
  8. Test site in browsers with browser caches cleared

The site in question appeared fine, before and after turning Cloudflare back on. A few hours later the site was broken, appearing as if the CSS was no longer functioning. The home page appeared as shown in this screen shot here:
Broken home page

Nothing I tried would fix it, so I restored the previous version and have not tried again. Any idea what could have caused this?

Hi There,

Please do make sure that Cloudflare JS and CSS auto minification is OFF. Theme’s JS and CSS files are already minified. Minifying it again causes breakage on the file resulting to styling issues. Try to update again and check that. If that is not the case for you, we need to check the site directly with the issue at hand so we can further investigate.

Hi again,

I rechecked your site and it looks good now, since you’ve withdrawn your post do let us know if you need any assistance.

Cheers!