Beta 5: Lightbox Shortcode has broken Icons

Hi!

I am testing some things with the native Lightbox Shortcode, and noticing that the icons in the corner are broken. I’m not sure if this is just me.

While on the topic, I believe that lightbox deserves a bit more love. Not sure what your relationship with iLightbox is.

It would be great to create a Cornerstone element that would allow easily utilizing all its options. Also, I’m not sure it has the latest version of the script. I remember there were some touch-related issues with the bundled version, and Michael Bourne and I had to rework it to fix those.

This may or may not be related, but I noticed the fontawesome icon list looked very limited when trying to pick a button icon

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up there. We’ll check it out before the release.

iLightbox hasn’t been updated in a while, and it’s kind of a heavy handed solution when there’s so much that modern browsers can do these days. We’ll most likely be building a lightweight lightbox solution of our own to include with a future version of Pro.

@scotbaston Thanks! Confirmed. Looks like it’s not populating more than the first group in the infinite scrolling system. If you search it will reveal more icons though so you should be able to find everything until that gets patched up.

1 Like

That’s good to know. In that case, I’ll stick to WP Featherlight until a new native solutions comes up. It seems to be one of the best and lightest ones right now.

Sounds good. A while back we did make sure the iLightbox scripts don’t load so as long as you’re not calling the shortcode anywhere you shouldn’t have that performance overhead. I’ve not played around with WP Featherlight before but it looks like a great plugin!

Great! I have noticed it is not loading. Nice touch! WP Featherlight also has a fork, WP Featherlight disabled, , which needs to be activated on the per-page basis.

I’m sure the native solution will be fantastic! :slight_smile:

Thanks! Yes, definitely one we’re looking forward to working. We’ve got some things loosely prioritized, but once this release is out we’ll start thinking more on stuff like this.

1 Like

Hey @Misho,

I was checking into this and I think it might be happening if you have Font Awesome output disabled. We use FontAwesome icons for those buttons.