Best way to show blog posts from a category on a single page?

I didn’t see Blog as an option under Page Templates. I would like to display only posts from the “Features” category, with a large title, then full-width image, then the full post text.

I tried to use the Display Posts Shortcode plugin, however I can’t style the post title or adjust the spacing. Here’s what it looks like so far: http://emergencyadapters.io/dev/features/.

[display-posts category="Features" image_size="large" display-posts wrapper="div"] 

Thanks!

Hi There,

Please try with this recent posts shortcode instead: http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/recent-posts/.

Let us know how it goes!

This might be a template issue, and I don’t mind doing that.

I just need the “features” page to look like a blog page, with a featured image for each post in the “features” category. It’s the default blog on my other site: http://lizrevision.com.

Please point me in the right direction…

Hi there,

It seems that you have selected a Fullwidth template. Please select something with content left and sidebar right.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hey, I just realized I’ve made it more complicated than it needed to be… just linking to this is what I’m going for:

http://emergencyadapters.io/category/features/

Where is this template, though? Say I wanted to switch the featured image and the post content?

Thanks!

Hi There,

Please update your display recent post shortcode to this:

[display-posts category="Features" image_size="large" include_content="true" content_class="entry-wrap mbl ptn" wrapper="div"]

And then add this on your custom CSS.

.display-posts-listing .listing-item {
	box-shadow: 4px 2px 4px -4px rgba(0,0,0,0.135), -4px 2px 4px -4px rgba(0,0,0,0.135);
	background-color: #fff;
}

.display-posts-listing a img {
	min-width: 100%;
}

.display-posts-listing a.title {
	display: block;
	padding: 60px 60px 0;
	font-size: 250%;
}

Use a No - Container template on your page, so it wont look like there is a wrapper inside a wrapper.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.