BBPress - Register New Topics for Cornerstone use? Look like posts?

Hello I would like to register “New Topics” or “Topics” for use with Cornerstone. As of now I can only add Posts, Pages, Portfolio items and I would also like new topics to be added with the same look and feel of a new post. I registered “featured images” but they don’t show up above like posts. Can you please advise, much thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Cornerstone builder only allows Posts and Pages by default. If you want to include other post types such as the Topics, you must include it in the settings. Please go to Pro > Settings and in the “Allowed Post Types”, you must include Topics and any other post type that you want to edit with the builder editor.

Hope this helps.

Hello thank you but “Topics” isn’t allowed to be added? See attached - I can type it but it isn’t “there” like Posts, Pages, Portfolio? Am I missing something?

Hi There,

Thanks for updating the thread!

Sorry for the confusion, unfortunately Cornerstone doesn’t have support for BBPress Topic post.

Thanks for understanding!

Come on that can’t be the actual answer - the way I am posting looks exactly the same just the “Pro” tab is missing. This can’t be something too complicated?

Hello There,

We apologize for the confusion. Cornerstone is only applicable to standard post type, and topic is not a public custom post type. Please be advised the bbPress itself disables the WordPress’s visual editor by default. bbPress does not allow any custom page builders such as WP Bakery’s Visual Composer and Cornerstone. This is why you cannot add Topics in the Cornerstone settings.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.