bbPress display mods and a forum display problem

I’m afraid I am in over my skill level with what may be a fairly simple edit in bbPress. I suspect I will need to use some global JS. I have learned to manage most of the CSS for bbPress but I don’t really know any JS and I have only worked with bbPress through X-Theme. WordPress and X-theme/Cornerstone have allowed me to create some decent content but I don’t use Cornerstone when I create a new forum. Instead, I enter some fairly basic content in the forums section on the WordPress back end that creates the forum and opening text and bbPress manages the rest.The change I would like to make is for that opening text to display not only in the parent forum listing but also at the top of the posting page for each forum. Is there a reasonably simple way I can add some global JS to accomplish that? I would also like to add an additional forum navigation button to each forum to return to the parent forum as well as the buttons to return to the main forums list and to subscribe.

Additionally, I seem to be having a problem with some forums not showing in the forum list. I have created somewhere around a hundred or more forums, countries with state and city sub forums. The forum list page scrolls but seems to stop at the US Virgin Islands. Is there a limit on the number of forums that can be displayed by bbPress?

I have been using a Child X-Theme/Integrity for all the needed CSS mods. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The website is being hosted by DreamPress. https://www.TheZeitgeistMovement.US

Hi,

  1. Regretfully this isn’t a feature offered by X. It could be possible with custom development, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

  2. With regards to limit, kindly refer to the link below

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/hitting-50-forum-limit-what-can-i-do/

Thanks for understanding. Take care!

Thank you for the link. I think that will solve the one issue. I guess I will need to learn some more to manage the other.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.