Bbpress 2.6-alpha?

Why did the theme plugin installer install bbpress 2.6-alpha? Looks like 2.5.14 is the latest release and there is a much newer 2.6 (RC5 or 6 I think). Now I’m wondering what the upgrade path is since we have been using the bbpress version installed by the Pro plugin installer page for the last 4 months.

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

I just installed bBpress in my installation and it installed the version 2.5.14, and not the alpha. Maybe you have a configuration that downloads the alpha/beta version? I’m not sure about that as I’m not getting any alpha version from theme’s overview/extensions page.

Thanks!

Right, maybe the latest release installs 2.5.14, but whatever version of Pro you had for download about 3-6 months ago, pulled the bbpress-2.6-alpha instead of 2.5.14

There appears to be some issue with the X and Pro themes that breaks the link button when tinyMCE editor is enabled in bbpress. I posted this feedback on here before with no solution from support staff. Issue still persists. I know it has something to do with the Pro theme, because when I enable any other theme the Add/Edit URL button works perfectly fine… on the Pro theme is flashes the windows and targets somewhere else (like it’s in a loop) and no modal dialogue appears. Seems like a CSS conflict?

Hi there,

I checked our issue tracker and it is indeed added to there and there is a bug regarding the Tiny MCE functionality of the bbPress and both X and Pro.

Rest assured that our development team are aware of this and you will see the report regarding the fix in the changelog when it is available:

https://theme.co/changelog/

It is not related to the bbPress version and should be fixed on our side. Unfortunately, there is no ETA at the moment regarding this.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

1 Like

Hey there, just wanted to chime in on the original issue. Older versions of the theme would pull the “latest version” of our approved plugins from WordPress.org. This was occasionally a beta or alpha depending on where they were in their release cycle. This problem was corrected in Pro 1.2.4 (October 26, 2017) where we made extra checks to only get official releases.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.