Background Video not displaying

Hello!

I’m hoping you can help me with some background video issues I’m experiencing.

I’ve added a section to an alternate homepage and set up a background video. The video is an .mp4 file loaded into the media library. I’ve also added a placeholder image of the video. The video file is present in the rendered page markup, but neither the video or the image are being displayed on the page in any browser I’ve tested (Chrome, FF, Safari, Mobile Safari, Mobile Chrome).

The url is http://foresite.staging.wpengine.com/home-alt/ - The section using the video is the first under the nav. Currently it is white with a blue line in the middle of it.

I’ll add the login credentials as a secure note.

Thanks for the help.

Hello @Jmot,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I added a new section (for testing) and then a background view and the problem was still there. Next, I tested for plugin conflict by deactivating all plugins except Cornerstone and background video is working fine now. Please see screencast. I suggest you to deactivate one plugin at a time to narrow down.

Thanks.

Thank you @Prasant,

It was a conflict with the Toolset Views plugin. Looks like it’s been around for a while (see Apex forum & Toolset forum) and is fixed with some minor CSS tweaks:

.bg .mejs-mediaelement {
   height: 100%;
   left: 0;
   position: absolute;
   top: 0;
   width: 100%;
}
.mejs-inner{
   height: 780px;
}

I’m curious if these will ever be worked into the Theme(s)? The .mejs-inner height could be automatically calculated and applied using the section height… just a thought.

Thanks.

Hi There,

Glad you sorted things out, we’ll see what we can do. You might want to report this to the Toolset Views Author as well.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.