Background Video not displaying in header after upgrading to Pro 6.0.2

I upgraded my sandbox site today from Pro 5.1.5 to 6.0.2 and now without any changes to the site, the background video in the header quit working.

current live site: https://www.drone-scapes.com
test site: https://sandbox.drone-scapes.com

Any ideas on how to fix this issue or what caused it? I have several sites that use this theme and I don’t want to start out the new year, running around trying to find fixes for issues I should not have in the first place.

Thanks

David

Hello David,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked the staging site and I can only find 1 Bar element in your header. I do not see any other Bar element or video in it. Did you added some conditions to that Bar? We would love to check your custom header in the builder. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello Rue,

I just did a complete migration of the live site to the sandbox site. That migration set me back to Pro 5.1.5 and the background video was functioning normally. So then I did the Pro Theme update again and just like before, the background video disappeared.

I can set it back to the prior version again, then let you do the update of your theme so you can see for yourself. Will that work for you?

Regards

David

I am not using X theme I am using Pro with the Pro Child Theme

Oh, wait…I think that was meant for someone else. I am not Rene

Hello, did anyone get my last message? I believe another tech support person mistakenly hopped on this ticket and might have considered it closed. Please confirm this is still an open ticket.

Thanks

Hi David,

I am sorry for the confussion, I would suggest you restore the previous version and then copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hey David,

I compare your live website and the sandbox staging then I confirm the issue you are referring to when upgrading the theme to the latest version but it is not an issue with the background not being displayed. I suspect this is just a cache issue with the condition because when I set the condition priority of your sUAS Header to -1, the background video is now showing properly on your homepage.

After updating your website from major updates, please remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

@mlbass, I suggest creating your own thread so that we can address and escalate your issue properly.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.