Background of Sections Disappearing (Transparent Backgrounds?)

I’m running into issues with Xtheme’s Ethos – My Homepage sections are showing “transparent” (instead of the solid background color I am choosing for that section). It is showing other sections’ backgrounds running into the sections above/beneath the image.

It’s only happening with a few of the sections on the active home page.

I’ve deactivated all plugins, and it’s still happening.

(See images attached)

I think I may have solved the problem myself (after messing with it for hours yesterday, and posting to support a few minutes ago, it seems I finally may have figured this out) —

I found the common denominator between the sections that had this problem, and it was that they were all sections that contained ‘no’ rows within them.

It seems that if you add a “section” but then delete everything in the section (delete all rows), it causes this problem. Even if you set padding for the section itself.

In other words, if I leave any “section” empty (no rows, no columns, no elements) and simply use an image background for the section and add “padding” to the top/bottom of the section, then I will run into problems where sections run into each other.

My solution therefore, is to place a row within the empty sections, and leave the row blank, or place a “gap” in that row. It appears that there has to be at least one row within every section (it seems).

As soon as I add a row within the empty section(s), then the issue disappears, and I can still achieve the desired outcome of a section that is just a huge parallax image, without issues, by leaving the row empty, or by placing a gap element within the row itself.

Lesson: DO NOT LEAVE SECTIONS EMPTY (without rows within them). Make sure every section (even if you are just using it for the background) has a row within it!

:grinning:

Hi There,

That is correct and thanks for sharing your solution. We are glad you figured out :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.