Background not displaying suddenly; blog post photos not working on home page

My website (https://truesacredunion.com) has been quite buggy in general over the past two months while I’ve been building it in Pro. Having all kinds of issues with speed. The server is reporting it is using excessive resources, etc.

Well today took the cake. I added a new blog post. The photos for my blog post summaries on my home page will no longer display. Out of the BLUE. You can roll the cursor over and see that the posts are there, but nothing displays.

Also, the background will not come up for some reason. Every once in a while it will, but more often it does not. We have only used plugins that are supported by Pro for the reason we did not want problems. We have deactivated and reactivated plugins. Nothing seems to work. We have had nothing BUT problems. I am very frustrated.

Can anyone offer me help? I need to get this website working properly! I will put login information into the secure note area. Thank you…

P.S. I just was able to identify that the speed problems I’m having on the site are working on the backend. When I try to do any work in pro, at this point i cannot even connect. Very frustrated.

Hi @ddubois63,

Thanks for writing in.

I could see a lot error in your console. Please try to remove any scripts in your setup to see if it will help.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

It turns out, we ended up reinstalling Wordpress and it fixed the problem. Just for your information, our hosting provider let us know that people were having problems with their blog posts using an “&” sign in blog titles with the new version of wordpress. We had no way of knowing that of course. It is a bug. So we removed the “&” signs for any blog posts and it didn’t make a difference. But then we decided to reinstall wordpress and it fixed the problem. Just thought you might want to know about this bug in this latest version of Wordpress.

Thanks for you help!

Thanks for the info. Glad you’ve sorted it out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.