Background images with media queries don't work after upgrade pro

Hallo, i have set up a staging site at https://jittysamsterdam.com
The background images of the first row will not shown after a pro upgrade. There is a media query for this. First of all let me ask is it still the best way for a speedy website to work with media queries like this or can I might as well use the breakpoints in pro to set up different background images?

Since this issue exist on many pages I have decided to downgrade my original site to a previous PRO version and trying to figure out the issue on this staging domain. I am open for options, I think I have like 20 pages with this issue.

This is my element CSS

$el.x-section{

padding-top: 175px;

padding-bottom: 130px;

background-color: #000;

}

$el .x-bg{

background: url(/wp-content/uploads/Goede-kapper-Amsterdam-1925-5.png);

background-size: cover;

background-repeat: no-repeat;

background-position: center;

top: 60px;

height: calc(100% - 60px);

}

@media only screen and (max-width:1199px){

$el.x-section{

padding-top: 120px;

padding-bottom: 100px;

}

$el .x-bg{

background: linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45) ), url(/wp-content/uploads/Goede-kapper-Amsterdam-1199-2.png);

}

}

@media only screen and (max-width:979px){

$el.x-section{

padding-top: 100px;

padding-bottom: 80px;

}

$el .x-bg{

background: linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45) ), url(/wp-content/uploads/Goede-kapper-Amsterdam-979-2.png);

}

}

@media only screen and (max-width:767px){

$el.x-section{

padding-bottom: 50px;

}

$el .x-bg{

background: linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45) ), url(/wp-content/uploads/Goede-kapper-Amsterdam-767-2.png);

top: 0px;

height: 100%;

}

}

@media only screen and (max-width:480-2px){

$el.x-section{

padding-bottom: 10px;

}

$el .x-bg{

background: linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45) ), url(/wp-content/uploads/Goede-kapper-Amsterdam-480.png);

}

}

Hello @RPronk,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of cache or broken HTML error. I would suggest you, please purge all the cache, clone your page and delete the section one by one. I would also suggest you, please check your style from CSSlint. I tried to access your site dashboard but the given login details are not working. Please recheck and send us again.

I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your correct details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Sorry for giving the wrong credentials. I can’t find the issue so if you can have a look that would be great.

This is how the site should look

Which can be seen also on www.jitty.nl

Hello @RPronk,

The code is valid and correct. The problem is that there is no active layer at the moment.

You need to enable the background image.

Best Regards.

Understood. Apparently this changed due to the upgrade to a newer PRO version. I have another issue with a slider, but I will first look into your new slider element to see if I might change alle the sliders to this new one.

Thanks for your time!

Hello @RPronk,

Glad that we were able to help you, please check your slider settings and let us know if you have any more concerns.

Thanks

Thanks! The slider issue was exactly the same. I went from a version 3 tot version 5 pro and apparently the setting background images was not taken over. I have about 20 pages to fix, luckily it’s not a lot of work.
Things are fine now.

Thanks and have a great day

Hi @RPronk,

Great and you’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.