Background Image on classic section still not working

I reported this issue on Dec 15, 2020 about the classic background not working as it has done previously for years. My customers still desire that feature. I have several other sites which I cannot update because of this issue. You did reply to me about the issue and told me it would be addressed in an upcoming update. The background image did stay on the timeline this time, but not in the section. I waited until today to update to the latest update. I have two newly contracted sites I want to use x-theme and cornerstone, but will have to get this working first. Thankyou.
Attached is a screenshot of the issue.
I do back up regularly and have the previous xtheme and cornerstone. If this issue exists much longer, can I just reinstall the previous theme and cornerstone until such time the issue is corrected?

Hello @jayfray3,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked it in my local development site and it is working fine my end. It might be the issue of plugin conflict or JS/CSS customization. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

The background renders on the front-end after it is saved, but not on the backend of the outline. Is that the new way it is intended? As you know, previously you could see the background image in relationship with the other elements on the classic sections. I troubleshooted all of your recommendations. The only custom css has to do with Gutenberg post title coding. I’m running the latest Wordpress and php.

Hello @jayfray3,

Yes, It does not show in the backend. It would show only in the frontend. I would suggest you use an updated version of the section. It would display the background image on both backend and frontend mode as well.

Thanks

I was never aware you could update versions of a section. I have never seen reference to the ability to update a section, only the complete plugin. Where can I find that attribute?

Hi @jayfray3,

Sorry for the confusion, my colleague was trying to suggest that to use the V2 elements i.e Section instead of the Classic Section element. Classic Elements does not show the background image in the builder, please find the screenshot below.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.