Autoplay not starting

Hi there

I have inserted a video and have set it to “autoplay” but on the frontend, the video is not starting with autoplay. It starts only when clicking on the video.

The video is the first iPad on the left with the bee on this page:
https://showmyproject.ch/greencitywall-swiss-corporate-website/

The video is auto-playing in the backend but not in the frontend.

Any idea what I could do?

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,
Felix

Hello Felix,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site it seems that there is a JS console error it might be the issue of plugin conflict or custom coding which might be the reason behind your issue. I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. If it doesn’t work please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello Prakash

Thank you very much for your reply and the good advice. I have deactivated all plugins and deleted all CSS code and JS code and the video is still not autoplaying on the frontend. In the backend the video’s autoplay is starting.

I have also switched to another Theme (WP2024) but then all the images and the video are not displayed anymore, so I couldn’t check the autoplay.

I will send you the login data to my development server, to which I have imported the actuell live website.

Kind regards,
Felix

Hi Felix,

As per the Autoplay Policy, you need user interaction for autoplay without mute. So you need to Muted your video to start auto-playing.

Thanks

Hi Tristup

Thank you very much sor this great tip! Now it works perfect!

Thanks again for your great support!

Kind regards,
Felix

You are most welcome, Felix

Hello Prakash

My idea on this page is to play in each iPad a video with autoplay. Since I have aded a second video (the one right side from the bee with the green walls) there is only obe video playing. When I then start the other video manually, the first video stops and the second starts to play.

Is there a way to start all videos with autoplay, so that all 4 iPads have moving pictures at the same time?

See section 5 on this page:
https://showmyproject.ch/greencitywall-swiss-corporate-website/

Kind regards,
Felix

Hello Felix,

With the browser’s Autoplay policy, only one video will autoplay. You cannot play all 4 videos at the same time.

Best Regards.

Hello Ruenel

Ok, thank you very much for your information and support.

Kind regards,
Felix

You are most welcome, Felix.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.