Autoplay embedded video hide controls in mobile

Having problems with an embedded video in mobile. Video is embedded from server, not youtube/vimeo. I would like to hide the controls, and loop automatically. However now it won’t loop, and the controls show on top of the video.

Code I use is this:

<div style="padding:56.25% 0 0 0;position:relative;">
  <iframe src="https://kuonokosketus.fi/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/kuonokosketus.mp4?h=364c4bccf6&autoplay=1&loop=1&title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&muted=1" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
</div>
<script src="https://kuonokosketus.fi/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/kuonokosketus.mp4/api/player.js"></script>

Hello @Minna,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you go to the Video element—>Controls—>Options—>You can disable the options from here and enable the video loop. Please have a look at the screenshot below.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thanks. Unfortunately it doesn’t help. I’ve tried that earlier already. When I add the video in the player (not embedded) it won’t autoplay (on ios atleast) and I have to tap on the video to play it, and then it opens in a “new” window with a black baground, not staying on the page as an ambedded video…

Hello @Minna,

To help you with your concerns we need to check your setting, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I shared the login details above, thanks for checking!

Hello Minna,

You have a self-hosted video. Use the Video player instead this way you can set the video aspect.

Best Regards.

The problem in this is not the aspect ratio. The problem is that the video player won’t loop or autoplay on all mobile devices. And when pressing play, it will open in a black background, not stay embedded on the page.

Hello @Minna,

As my colleague @ruenel mentioned you need to add the self-hosted video to the Video element in the player. You need to add the video URL to the sources text box. You can also set the Autoplay and Loop options

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thanks. But as I said before, unfortunately it doesn’t help. I’ve tried that earlier already. When I add the video in the player like u suggest and select autoplay and loop, it won’t autoplay (on ios atleast) and I have to tap on the video to play it, and then it opens in a “new” window with a black baground, not staying on the page as an ambedded video…

Hello Minna,

Can you please test the URL with a video on your mobile phone?

• see the URL in the secure note below.

Thanks.

Hi @Minna,

I have checked and found that you are using a template named video and set the background video to the Cell. The video controls can be removed from the video element. I have created a test page and used the video element in it and it is working fine in mobile also.
Please find the test page URL in the secure note.

Thanks

Thank you, I really appreciate your effort. That new “test by themeco” page works fine on desktop and on mobile on Android. But on iphone (safari and chrome) it doesn’t autoplay and I have to tap the video to play it, and then it opens with a black background.

Any update on this? Would really appreciate if this could be fixed, or if not I know to just go with youtube embedded video instead. My client is patiently waiting for this to be solved. Thank you!

Hello Minna,

Can you please check of the “Autoplay Video On Preview” in your phone settings is turned OFF?

Thanks.

Thanks, the autoplay video on preview on my phone is turned ON, as it should, I presume?

Is there going to be a solution for this or do I just tell my client the video element isn’t working as it should?

Hi Minna,

It seems there might be a problem with the specific devices or operating system with the video element. I will inform our development team about this and let you know if anything is found.

Thanks

Hi Minna,

Just an update, the issue has been already detected and our development team is working on it.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.