Automatic updates for Envira Gallery have been turned off

Hello. My WordPress dashboard displays an error at the top:

No valid license key has been entered, so automatic updates for Envira Gallery have been turned off. Please click here to enter your license key and begin receiving automatic updates.

Envira Gallery is a plugin that is bundled with the theme. How can I resolve this?

Thanks.

Hi there,

The Envira Gallery is one of the bundled extensions with the theme. That means we have a contract with the Envira Gallery developers to include the plugin files to our theme. You do not have the Purchase Key and you can ignore the message.

The updates will be released by us after careful check of the compatibility with the theme. So our bundled version may not be the latest version at all times, but we do our best to keep up with the updates.

Please kindly read the Bundled Version section of the article below:

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply.

You do not have the Purchase Key and you can ignore the message.

OK. Is there any way you and/or the Envira devs can work together to ensure this error message is not displayed for users of your theme? It’s a bit confusing to login, see an error message, and see on-screen instructions on how to fix it. My instinct is to follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue (i.e. “Please click here to enter your license key and begin receiving automatic updates.”) But you are now telling me to ignore the message. Some PHP check of this form would accomplish it:

if (theme=X_Theme)
  hide_license_key_warning();
endif

I’m not sure if you can do that on your end, or if the Envira devs have to implement that.

The same goes for Visual Composer updates. My WP dashboard is telling me to update it, but X theme support has told me to update it only if the updated version is supported by X theme. So I have to manually check the supported version before each update.

Hi there,

We totally understand the case at the time being we do not have an option as this is something which should be added to the plugins themselves and we do not have control over. But we will do our best to negotiate with the plugin developers regarding this.

We will add this to the issue tracker so that our development team will be aware of this.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.