Auto Scroll goes too far

Hello,

Any time I need to scroll to a certain part of a page it goes past it, thus covering what was supposed to be scrolled to. Probably because of my header? Is there a way I can universally change the offset or something? You can see an example here https://www.servicedogsociety.com/state-laws/ if you click on California. The top part of the info is hidden.

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

Yes, it’s because the header height is not counted when it calculates the target scroll position. Unfortunately, I’m not sure how your maps work, or how it’s integrated. But the only way to fix this is to modify the codes responsible for scrolling and include the header in the calculation.

Thanks.

I don’t believe it has anything to do with the map as it is the same way with any other page, even if there is just text.

Another example is if you click the “bottom of the page” link in the first paragraph on this page https://www.servicedogsociety.com/housing-laws/

That is because as my @Rad said,

You’ll need a custom script to offset the height of the header. Regretfully, that would require custom development which is outside the scope of our support.

Thank you for understanding.