Author box Twitter link incorrect

Hi there,

For some reason, the author box I added to the end of posts (it’s been there since x theme) has turned the Twitter link into an internal link that’s broken. The Facebook and Instagram links work fine.

Here’s an example:

https://nateclark.net/only-reliable-way-to-lose-fat/

Thanks!

Hi There,

Could you please share us with your admin account so we can take a closer look?

Thanks.

I’d prefer not to share the admin info at this time. Can you point me toward the correct authorbox socials code?

As of now, it seems that the Twitter link is trying to link to the current page + twitter username. The Facebook and Instagram links work correctly.

Here is the author box code I have been using on this site:
// Author Box Added
// =============================================================================

function x_display_author_in_post() {
if ( is_singular( ‘post’ ) ) {
echo do_shortcode( ‘[author title=“About the Author”]’ );
}
}

add_action( ‘x_after_view_global__content’, ‘x_display_author_in_post’ );

Not sure where the actual function for calling the author’s Twitter URL is located. Can you tell me?

Thanks!

nevermind! It seems there is an error in how the twitter URL is pulled from the author bio. When I changed the username field to the full twitter URL, it worked.

Thanks!

Glad to hear that. Have a nice day!