Author Box Blurry Photos

Greetings, I’m not sure when this changed, but all of a sudden my author box images have drastically changed resolution on me. I didn’t change the photos, but the output resolution suddenly dropped significantly to 45p x 45p. Did something change in X?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Please be advised that your avatar is only 22 pixels.

You will need to upload a bigger image of at least 80x80 pixels.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

I know, but that’s not what they all were a few weeks ago. Something changed the sizes and I’m trying to track down what did. Would anything in the X Theme updates have done that or should I look elsewhere?

Hello There,

Did you personally uploaded the avatar that is 22x22 pixels? We do not have anything in X that uploads or resizes avatars automatically. It may have came from a 3rd party plugin. Could you please test for plugin conflict? You may deactivate/activate one plugin at a time to find out which one may have caused it.

Please let us know how it goes.

Just to follow up. I think this was a problem with Buddypress. I don’t really use it except to add user photos. I removed Buddypress and replaced it with WP Author Photos, reuploaded the photos, and it’s good now.

Thanks for sharing what you found out!

Cheers!