Audio player not playing in IE browser

Hello,

I am wondering if there is any reason why the audios on the pages in the private email below dont seem to be playing in IE, but do in Chrome, firefox and safari.

Thanks,
Sophie

Hi there,

By Internet Explorer, I assume you are talking about version 11, as we do not support the older versions. To make an audio element in HTML which is cross browser compatible, you will need to add multiple audio file formats which each browser will support, to have a complete list of the formats which browsers support kindly read the article below:

The audio player element allows to add multiple formats including the ones mentioned below:

http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/audio/

Thank you.

ok thanks… and can I clarify then that I am better off using the audio player element instead of [embed][/embed]?

Hi there,

The Embed Element or shortcode is more intended to use third party systems such as Soundcloud. Which you will embed the code using, for example, an iFrame"

[x_audio_embed]<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F76994851"></iframe>[/x_audio_embed]

But the Audio Player shortcode is for cases that you have the audio files on your server.

Thank you.