Audio Element

I currently updated X and now my audio elements are no longer spaced correctly. They are also larger and the elapsed time does not line up with the progress bar. Is there something I can do to return it to the previous heights?

Hello Kyle,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked one of your pages, the Sound Design page and I could not replicate the issue. The Audio element is displaying perfectly.

You may be having previously some caching issues only. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

If after trying all of the above things you are still experiencing problems, please reply below, including login details to your site in a secure note, so that we can investigate further. You can add a secure note by clicking on the key icon underneath your post and then entering the details into the modal that appears. This way, the information will only be seen by you and us. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I was unable to fix the problem with the audio element. I’ve added a picture of what the audio elements looked like prior to the update. I have added a secure not so you are able investigate further. Please let me know if there is anything else you need. Thanks.

Hey Kyle,

I have downloaded your page as a template and loaded it into my local testing server. The Audio elements are displayed perfectly.

How did you update your X theme and Cornerstone plugin? Did you do it manually? May I request that you re-install the X theme and the Cornerstone plugin again? I have a hunch that a corrupted theme file is loaded on the page.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Interesting…I updated x theme and cornerstone through wordpress. Can you inform me how to re-install x-theme? Just wanting to make sure that my pages stay intact through the process.

Hello Kyle,

In case if you have updated the theme from the WordPress dashboard, it would automatically update the theme and install the latest updates. In case if you have not seen our theme update doc please have a look at it.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Ok, I re-installed the theme and unfortunately the problem with the audio element is still there. I think I might know what is causing the issue, which I will describe below. However, I have no idea why this is happening.

Below is a picture after adding an audio element but not adding any source to the player. As you can see when I hover over it, the blue border designates the element and it’s height.

Below is a picture after I have added a source to the player in the top element. As you can see, there is no longer a blue boxed border and it’s just a straight line, with the audio tag at the bottom of the element. I think is what is causing the cramping issue. The page is not picking up on the element height. You can also see that the timecode is not lined up with the progress bar.

I even tried removing my CSS just to see it it was something there, but that did not change things. I’d really like to figure out what the problem is because my site relies heavily on the audio element. It’s almost impossible to format using the audio element as is.

Hey Kyle,

I deactivated all 3rd party plugins and that fixed the issue.

I activated the plugins back but it resulted in an error. Please have your web host revert your site to a previous working state.

Please note that we suggested that you do a test for a plugin conflict to determine which plugin is causing the issue. Our troubleshooting in your site only includes double-checking that. We cannot check which specific plugin is causing the issue as that is beyond the theme support scope.

Thank you for understanding.

Ok, thanks for your help. Got the website back up and running. Just so you guys are aware, it looks like it was the Jetpack plugin that caused the problem. Just in case you run into this problem again. Not sure why, but I thought I’d let you know.

Hey Kyle,

You are most welcome. Please do not hesitate to open another thread if there is anything else we can help you with.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.