Asign specific header to product category

Hello,

The header/footer design interface are great :grinning: . However, I need to asign a specific header to a product category. The final result would be a specific header appearing on a single product page depending on the products category. For exemple, if I’m on a t-shirt single product page, I will see the t-shirt header. I’m on a sweater single product page, I will see a the sweater category header.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Regretfully this isn’t a feature offered by X. It could be possible with custom development, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

Thank you for understanding.

Thanks for the quick response. Would you have any example of a conditional header script, just to give me an idea?

Thank you !

Hi there,

It’s not a simple condition block since there are many structures, filters, and codes responsible for header display. But you may or your developer could check this file \pro\framework\functions\pro\bars\setup.php. It’s something related to this part

if ( ! is_null( $header_data ) || ! is_null( $footer_data ) ) {
    add_action( 'x_bar', 'x_render_bar_modules', 10, 2 );
    add_action( 'x_bar_container', 'x_render_bar_modules', 10, 2 );
    add_action( 'x_head_css', 'x_bars_output_generated_styles' );
  }

It’s not meant for customization so you should always maintain the copy of the file as the backup, it can’t be moved to child theme either.

Thanks!

Thank you !

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

Hello,

I’ve found this topic because I’m trying to get the same result. It’s January 2018 now and this topic is from August. I’m wondering if there are any updates on this. When will it be possible to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Anne,

Yes, this is a feature request, unfortunately, there’s no update yet from the issue tracker.
Please check the following:

We’re sorry for the inconvenience, as planned after the release of template manager, the first quarter of this year will be for bugs and enhancement of the product. We will let you know once this is available. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you for the information. I’m looking forward to the new updates, it looks promising!

You’re welcome and please stay tuned :slight_smile:

Is this feature available yet? I have a header for my product pages, but it is showing on my category pages as well. I would like it to not show there but my Global header show.

Thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Regretfully there is still no feature available that you can assign a header for the category pages or archive pages at the moment. For now, you can assign a custom header for your individual product pages. For your product category pages, it will utilize the global header that you have assigned.

Thank you for your understanding.

I believe this is now a feature on PRO now yes?

Hi Erich,

Yes, that is correct. Now Headers can be assigned to any Archive pages.

Thanks

1 Like