Are xtheme or cornerstone adding images to my media libary?

Hello, for a few months I’ve noticed mysterious images being added to my media library under my wordpress account.

I’ve consulted with my host and they did not detect any malware. I’ve run scans as well and nothing is detected. I have also changed my password and have two factor login enabled. So, no one is logging in on my account aside from me. So, I was told by my site’s host it is probably a plugin adding the images.

Question: I updated Cornerstone yesterday and after that noticed 20+ images were added to my media library that I did not put there. So, are your plugins adding random images? If so, how do I disable this or prevent it from happening? TIA.

Hello @justapack,

Thanks for writing in! When installing the X theme and Cornerstone, it will only upload the theme files and the Themeco loco from the theme. Unless you have installed one of our demo sites from the Design Cloud (X > Design Cloud), those images may have come from the demo. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.