Archive title and substitle

Hi There,

On my website I have for the shop page an archive title and archive subtitle. For all my categories I have different Archive titles and subtitles and they were shown always. Until now. On every category page there is the shop page archive title and subtitle shown now and that is not what I want. Could you please help me solving this problem and give me the solution so every category page will show their own archive title and archive subtitle?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Antwin Grevengoed
Après Ski Store

Hi @antwingrevengoed,

Please kindly go to WordPress Dashboard > Posts > Categories > Select The Category in Question, then please scroll down and check the options at the left-hand side of the screen which shows the Title and Subtitle which you can specifically set for the category in question:

Thank you.

Dear Christopher,

I think you didn’t understand me. I already filled in the archive title and archive subtitle on all product categories we have and they are all unique, but the X theme is only showing the archive title and subtitle from the shop page on all these categories. This seems very strange because they have their own archive title and archive subtitle. And it was working correctly but now it does not anymore.

Best regards,

Antwin Grevengoed
Après Ski Store

Hi Antwin,

In that case, yeah this is strange. First, please deactivate and delete your current version of Cornerstone (4.0.4), because that is not the compatible version of your current X theme (6.1.6). After you delete the Cornerstone navigate to X dashboard and then the X will automatically re-install the Cornerstone (3.1.6) which is the compatible version.

Or you can update both to the latest version X 7.1.2 and Cornerstone 4.1.2.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Also, please make the Woocommerce is in version 3.7.1 because that is the current supported version.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi Friech,

Many thanks, I will do this updates and hopefully this will work.

I don’t know if I can ask a new question here or I need to open a new topic, but I’ll take my chance :wink:

Could you tell me by any chance how I change my settings of the shop page in a way that products will be shown on mobile in a row of 2 products? Now it is showing one product in a row on mobile and I would like to change this to 2. Only for mobile, on desktop and Ipad it seems ok for me for now.

I look forward to your response, many thanks again.

Best regards,

Antwin Grevengoed
Après Ski Store

Hello Antwin Grevengoed,

By default, on the desktop screens, the products will be displayed in two or more columns. You can adjust the number of columns in X > Theme Options > WooCommerce > Shop. On smaller screens, the columns will automatically collapse into one column only. To display two columns in small screens, please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

@media (max-width: 480px){
    .woocommerce .cols-2 li.product, .woocommerce .cols-3 li.product, 
    .woocommerce .cols-4 li.product, .woocommerce.columns-2 li.product, 
    .woocommerce.columns-3 li.product, .woocommerce.columns-4 li.product {
        width: 48%;
    }

.woocommerce .cols-3 li.product.last, 
    .woocommerce .cols-4 li.product.last, 
    .woocommerce.columns-3 li.product.last, 
    .woocommerce.columns-4 li.product.last {
        margin-right: 4%;
    }

.woocommerce .cols-3 li.product:nth-child(2n+2), 
    .woocommerce .cols-4 li.product:nth-child(2n+2), 
    .woocommerce.columns-3 li.product:nth-child(2n+2), 
    .woocommerce.columns-4 li.product:nth-child(2n+2) {
        margin-right: 0;
    }   
}

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

Hi!

To display two columns in small screens worked perfect, thanks! For the other issue with archive title not showing up, I couldn’t fix this. In some way I can not update the X theme, Probably the problem will be solved if I have done this. Can you help me out a little bit more? Many thanks again.

Best regards,

Antwin Grevengoed
Après Ski Store

Hello Antwin Grevengoed,

I could not find any reason why the category titles do not display in your site. At the moment, all I am seeing is the " Shop" as the title. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Hi there,

I just send you the login detail, manay thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Antwin Grevengoed
Après Ski Store

Hi Antwin,

Thank you for the credentials. I edited 1 category to see the issue. I saw the changes to shop once loaded. See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cYVbhQvmyg. The root cause od the issue is this custom JS on Theme Options > Global JS

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
	$('.h-landmark span').html("Shop");
	});

Please try to remove it or if you really need it, please make it specific on the selector you want to use. Please target the correct page or archive page. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.