Archive layout is not working without provider

Hi,
I’m making archive layouts and as far as I know, these should be working without a provider activated. But in my case I need the provider to generate the right content in the consumer. I have an archive page assigned with certain conditions and on the page I have the posts element with a consumer set on the post. This is for some strange reason not working. When I activate the provider on the posts element though, it is working.

This is important to me, because I want to filter the results using wpfacet plugin (which should be possible), but that oesn’t work with the provider turned on. Maybe I’m not getting it, but the archive layout should work wthout the provider turned on and with the right assignment?

Hey @arnoldmeulenbeld,

Thanks for reaching out!

For archive pages, you do not need to have a Looper Provider since WordPress will dynamically generate the post items on archive pages. You can use the Looper Consumer automatically without the need for the Looper Provider . If that’s not the case on your end, would you mind sharing your credentials so that we can check your setup properly? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi @arnoldmeulenbeld,

I have checked the layout and found the issue you described. I have added another section with the Post element and specified the Post Type into the Query Builder and it shows all the posts along with the title in the Page Builder but not showing in frontend.
It might be happening due to some plugin conflict. I would suggest you deactivate plugins one by one and check which one causes the error, and the last one you have deactivated before the fix is the actual reason.

If that you have already done, I would suggest you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

I already tried deactivating all plugins, except for business directory since there would be no point to this site without it.
The site is not live and I just started to build it, so feel free to debug however you like. The conflict is probably with the directory plugin I guess. Login details are in the secure note I already sent.
Thank you for helping me with this.

Hi @arnoldmeulenbeld,

It seems that you are able to narrow down the plugin conflict part. As this is a 3rd Party plugin, and we don’t have much control over the code, I would suggest you contact the plugin author on this and let us know the feedback from them.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.