Archive Blogs on Sidebar

Hi there,

I have linked the posts transferred from the live website to this development website to Article page through Reading. I want to show all posts so I linked the Post pages to Article page as you can see here. However, since there are many posts that were published in the past, I would like to have an archive on the sidebar. How do I set it on? On the edit Article page, I set the Page Attributes to Layout Content Left, Sidebar right. And in the Widget, I set Archives on the widget and set Manage Sidebars. However, I fail to see any sidebar on the Article page.

Many thanks.

Hey @Symbiosis,

Please try to apply the solutions suggested from this related thread:

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade,

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve followed the solutions as per your link.

1.) I added the code into functions.php in Child theme.
2.) I changed the Manage Sidebars as per the link.
3.) I changed Layout setting in X Pro > Theme Options > Blog and set it to Use Global Content Layout
4.) I changed Layout and Design setting and set the Content Layout to Content Left, Sidebar Right.
5.) I linked the Posts page to Article page in the Reading Setting.

But I failed to get the Archives on the sidebar.

Thanks.

Hi @Symbiosis,

I think you followed the steps correctly as the template is now showing the necessary sidebar position. But the sidebar itself is not loading,

That shows the functions.php part fails. Would you please kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using Secure Note so that we can check the code and follow up?

Thank you.

Hey @Symbiosis,

In that case, please provide us with the admin and FTP access to your site in a Secure Note:

Hi all,

I’ve saved the credential and url in the secure note. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Hi @Symbiosis,

Thank you for the credentials, the sidebar of the Posts page (blog index) in there but your Archives sidebar is empty, please navigate to Appearance > Widgets, and add your chosen Widgets on the Archives sidebar

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi there,

Would you be able to help with this issue please? The posts seem not showing by latest posts. Here is the link to the page. I have a Recent Posts widget on the sidebar, these posts are showing around the fifth or the sixth of the page. Where can I set to show the latest post first?

Many thanks

Hi @Symbiosis,

Those first 5 or 6 posts are set to be sticky posts so they stay at the top of the blog index even though those are old posts. To resolve these you need to unset those sticky posts. Please see this screencast on how you can do this really quick.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi there,

You guys are brilliant. Many thanks for the help.

Cheers,

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

Hi there,

This is another matter that I am not sure is the aftermath of the setting up the blog post. The home page has a section of displaying recent posts in 3 columns. I used Classic Recent Posts to display them. However, now it doesn’t work as seen from the screenshot. .

The url is https://www.ecoag.soillandfood.com.au/.

Thanks.

Hey @Symbiosis,

By it doesn’t work, do you mean the display on the sidebar recent post is different from the Recent Post element on the homepage?

If so, that is normal because the Recent Entries widget that comes with the Wordpress core has a different display than the Recent Post element with Cornerstone.

You just need to assign a Featured Image to those post so that they will display on the homepage.

Hope this helps.

Hi there,

You guys are always great! :clap: Work well with the suggestion.

Cheers

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.