Architecture Portfolio- Clarify :)

Hey! I love this but want some clarity as to what it was designed to do. I realize it can be for a lot of things but it has portfolio at the end of it so …

The buttons on this page would lead to the “portfolio category” that is the same as that section of the page, right?? So this page is really a custom portfolio page. I am wondering what happens though when you are actually looking at a “single portfolio item” page and then in breadcrumbs, hit back to “portfolio”- it would not go to this awesome looking page… would it???

I have done a custom shop page that I had to add code to the php functions file to make it redirect to the custom shop page instead of taking people to mydomain.com/shop

What would be that code or set up to achieve that with this idea of the custom portfolio page?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I have now limited how many clients I take on way way down and I am just now playing with all of the new goodness. LOVE!
Noelle

Hi there,

There are two kinds of pages that are used for the portfolio listing. One is the default Portfolio archive page which is the one which you click on the Breadcrumbs and it redirects you to that page.

That is the original and standard way of the portfolio archive page. But we have a special Page Template called Portfolio Layout which you can turn any given page to a specific portfolio listing with filters and all the styling.

That page template is not meant to be the final destination of the portfolio archive and just an extra goodie to show cool listing if needed. It is not possible to link the breadcrumbs to such pages as that is a normal page with a special page template.

For example, you can set 10 pages to b a portfolio layout which all will list the portfolio items, there is no way for the breadcrumbs code to determine which one you would like to be the main portfolio archive. Actually, the breadcrumbs code cannot predict if you will decide to have such a page or not,

I hope I could explain the case and why it is not possible to have the specific page template as the parent of the breadcrumbs.

Having said that, we can manually use a Javascript code to change the link of the Portfolio to any page that you want. To do so please get back to us with the exact URL of the page which you set as the Portfolio Layout page template and the URL of a single portfolio page which contains the breadcrumbs so that we can suggest that code to you.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.