"Apply Coupon" Button Appears Twice in Checkout

In Pro, with WooCommerce 3.4, the “Apply Coupon” shows up twice in checkout. See attached.

This does not occur in any other theme including the WP default themes.

Hi @co50

According to the version compatibility guide:

the latest supported version of WooCommerce plugin is 3.3.5, our dev team works regularly on testing new versions of approved plugins to make sure they are fully compatible with X/Pro themes.

Since this is a simple UI issue, you can add this CSS code to (X > Theme Options > CSS):

.woocommerce .cart .actions .coupon button[type="submit"] {
    display: none;
}

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks. Worked perfectly.

I hope you guys will move closer to how other theme creators handle Woo updates - almost all of the big ones have been Woo 3.4 compatible for a week or more before release. WooCommerce 3.4 has been testing for months now and how Pro wasn’t prepared is kind of strange. I’m hoping the pending Pro update has full Woo 3.4 compatibility.

Hello @co50,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

You input has been noted and we would like to assure you that our developers are working to release the compatible version of bundled and approved plugins. However, we always try our level best to make sure that update don’t mess up with working of website. That’s why our developers make sure to test the plugins before releasing an update.

Thanks for understanding.

Latest Pro release does not fix this bug. Are there plans to fix this soon? I hate to have to go into all my e-commerce client’s sites and add this CSS in as a temporary fix.

Hi @co50,

I can confirm this issue, for now, please use the temporary fix. The cause of the issue is this code

// Cart Actions
// ------------
// 01. Check based off of wc_coupons_enabled(), which is only available in
//     WooCommerce v2.5+.

function x_woocommerce_cart_actions() {

$output = '';

if ( apply_filters( 'woocommerce_coupons_enabled', 'yes' === get_option( 'woocommerce_enable_coupons' ) ) ) { // 01
    $output .= '<input type="submit" class="button" name="apply_coupon" value="' . esc_attr__( 'Apply Coupon', '__x__' ) . '">';
  }

echo $output;

}

add_action( 'woocommerce_cart_actions', 'x_woocommerce_cart_actions' );

I added this to our issue tracker.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.