Apple iPhone iPad link styling of phone numbers

I found another support ticket that mentioned styling of phone numbers with a solution - but…how do you add code to the header in X Pro?

Here’s the message I’m trying to execute so that Apple doesn’t overwrite the styling of my phone numbers:

Just one more addition on this. I discovered you can turn off this setting for all phone numbers instead of having to do it in CSS. This is an Apple specific tag so only works on iPhones (etc.) but still very useful. This meta tag goes in the HEAD. Just FYI.

< meta name=“format-detection” content=“telephone=no” >

Thank you!

HI there,

Please login though FTP and go to wp-content/themes/pro-child the add this to the functions.php file of the child theme:

add_action('wp_head','custom_script');

function custom_script() {
?>
    <meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no">
<?php
}

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.