Any plans on adding category support to header editor?

Hi. I’m trying to create an English version on the website http://iglesiant.org/. So far, I’'ve been able to re-create most of the Spanish version by using the page http://iglesiant.org/clm/ (for Christian Life Mission), with dependent pages (like clm/messages/) and I’ve assigned a menu to cover pages and messages (posts).

However, I need a way to assign the new menu to the category structure I’ve created:
clm-cat
–clm-media
–events
–messages
–news

But I cannot find a way to assign the menu to categories… Is this a feature you’re considering for the future? I think it would be greatly welcome.

Have a nice day!

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

I would be more happy to add this to our feature request, but it’s a bit confusing. Would you mind providing more details and sample about this categorized menu?

Thanks!

Thank you for your reply. On the header editor, we may assign a header to pages, posts, portolios, etc., but there is no way to assign a header to a specific category.
In my case, I would be able to assign the menu to all entries with category “clm-cat” (which should also impact all sub categories, as listed above).
If you go to the urls I posted, I think you might get a better idea…
Hope that clarifies my meaning…

Hope these screenshots help…

Hi There,

What we understand, you need to create two headers with two different language and assign them in two different post category, which should show in the sub category page too.

If so unfortunately this functionality is not available in pro header builder. You can assign the to individual posts.

I will post this to our leadership team for further consideration!

Thanks

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m doing. I’ve no problem with pages and/or posts. But I have several categories that have sub-categories and I cannot assign the menu (or footer, for that matter) to them. Guess I’ll have to figure out another way to do what I want…
Thank you for considering adding this for future inclusion. I think it may help a lot of us out here…
Have a beautiful day!

You’re most welcome.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.