Animations stopped working

Hi,

Without having made any changes to my site recently, all of the slide in animations have stopped working. Is there a known problem with wordpress or any latest releases that might cause this?

Thanks,

Hey @wbc,

Thanks for reaching out!

I’ve never heard any known issues about animation stopped working with the latest releases. There could be a plugin or custom code that affect your website.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you

Thanks - secure note sent

Hi @wbc,

Unfortunately, the site credentials are not working. Can you please check and send it once again?

Thanks

Hi, sorry try now

Hi @wbc,

I have checked your website and found the animation is working perfectly fine. If you are still facing the same issue, I would suggest you provide a video that helps us to recognize the problem.

Thanks

None of the animations are working as far as I can see. Ive recorded a video and have added the link to the secure note.

Hi @wbc,

I have checked and found that is working, please find the screen recording video in the secure note.

Thanks

Thanks for this. Its very odd. All animations have stopped working on one machine regardless of which browser I use (see the video I sent). If I view the site on a different machine, the animations are all fine. Any ideas what might cause that? Its clearly not an X problem (thanks for your help) but wondered if you might know?

Hello WillB,

Please check that machine and make sure that the JS script were not blocked in the browser. There has to be something on that machine that prevents the animation effects from playing. If you can do a hard reboot and then make sure to clear the browser caches before testing the site again.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi,

Ive done a full reset, have cleared all browser caches and none of the animations are working. Could it be antivirus? Ive tried switching it off, but wondering what else could cause this.

Hey @wbc,

I suggest trying to use another machine and let see if it is working properly on your end.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi,

Yes as mentioned before, on another machine everything looks fine. This is a machine-specific problems but its all browsers on the machine that Ive possibly tried (Edge, Chrome, Opera) all have the same issue displaying the page animations.

Hi @wbc,

Glad that you are able to recognize it.

Thanks

Do you have any ideas what else could stop animations working machine wide? I really need to solve this as its challenging to implement anything new.

Thanks very much

Hi @wbc,

Not sure about that, but it might be some browser extensions or some files in the operating system which block the animation.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.