Animations Not Playing

Hey there,

I am having some issues getting the new animation effects to work. Transformation works fine, but it’s like the animations are just not loading once I select them instead. I thought it might be a minification or cache issue, but didn’t have any luck shutting those off yet. Any ideas for me to try?

Hello @kickinrad,

Thanks for writing in!

I found out that you are using Cloudflare. Right after your updates, please log in to your Cloudflare account and purge your site cache. You also need to regenerate the minified CSS and JS files in Cloudflare.

It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Theme Update
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Increasing PHP Memory Limit
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hey there, thanks for the response.

I have now tried disabling CloudFlare entirely, purging caches, disabled all minification, tested some plugin conflicts and I am not getting any animations to load. The animated text just sort of appears on scroll without any effects being triggered.

I will leave a secure note and I would really appreciate your help figuring out what is going on! Usually it is something embarrassingly obvious after y’all point it out.

Hi @kickinrad,

I have checked your website and found a few of the animation is working fine. Are you trying to point out any specific section where you are getting this issue? if that is the case please provide any screenshot marked with the section or any video that shows the issue you are having. I have also seen the SG Optimizer is installed on your site, which might be a cause behind the issue. I would suggest you deactivate it temporarily and check if the issue still exists or not. If that issue not exists I would suggest you report the plugin author on this, if you need to use the said plugin.
Please remember to clear the cache before you deactivate the plugin.

Please remember that we really don’t offer any support or investigation related to 3rd party plugins. Please let us know if you are having any further issues.

Thanks

So, I did a bit of investigation on LambdaTest and it looks like the animations run fine on Safari. I have a scroll and an interaction set up on the homepage in the first section under the header just to test for now.

However, Firefox and Chrome both have the same issue where your preset animations are not triggering. So, it’s definitely not just my device. I tried to mess around with some others things, disabled plugins etc. Any other ideas?

I figured it out! It is actually a Windows setting that Chrome uses to disable animations.

That link covers the problem and solution.

Hopefully that helps anyone else with this funny issue.

Thanks for the consultation!

1 Like

Glad to hear that and thanks for sharing the information.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.