Animation controls and element presets in new cornerstone

Am not terribly impressed with the latest cornerstone update. I have selected RENEW as the default stack and now I have to select which stack’s preset to use for every element? That is weird and annoying. If there is a global selector, where is it?

And I can’t find for the life of me any animation controls for elements I want to slide in. Where are they?

The previous version of cornerstone kept things simple and the hierarchy clean. Now there are too many controls, I think. One thing that I find very irritating is that the Options controls still have no way to define the global header font sizes, which I think are far more important than the kerning, i.e. letter-spacing.

As I am writing this I just realized that I should get assurance that this Cornerstone update is backward compatible. I have not checked yet, but I have a couple of important sites where I used the animation feature extensively.

NOTE: I found the hidden controls. Asked on FB and got a reply. Still don’t get the preset thing.

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

You can still use the classic element where there is no preset styling. The preset option is to pre-apply the styling from the specific stack. Like a starting point in which you can, of course, alter until you meet your preferred styling.

Example, if you add a classic button, it will then inherit the styling set under Theme Options > Buttons. But different from V2 Button.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.