Anchor tag not working in Safari

Hi,

The anchor tags on my button links aren’t working on Safari (but it does work in Safari developer mode). The external button links are also fine. Why is this?

I’ve cleared cache, and have the latest versions of Wordpress, X theme, Cornerstone and Safari.

Regards,
Audrey @TriGrowth

Hello Audrey,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the broken HTML issue. I would suggest you clone your page and delete the section one by one and check which section is the root cause. I would also suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello Audrey,

I have investigated the issue and this seems to be a caching issue. Can you please do the following?
1.) Please deactivate the Hummingbird plugin temporarily.
2.) Since you are using SiteGround, could you please disable the supercacher in your hosting panel? The SuperCacher is developed by SiteGround exclusively for their customers. It increases the number of hits a site can handle and boosts the website loading speed. The SuperCacher includes 4 different caching options for maximum optimization of your websites. You can access the tool by clicking on the SuperCacher icon in your cPanel.

For more information about this, please check it out here: https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher/supercacher_intro.htm

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi Ruenel,

Thanks so much for looking into this – you’re right, it worked after I de-activated Hummingbird. I had already disabled Siteground’s Supercache because it had created a separate issue prior.

Do you have any recommendations for site speed/optimizers, or should I just de-activate Hummingbird’s caching function? I’m still unclear as to the correlation between an anchor tag link not working and the caching system. Would any caching plugin create the same problem?

Regards,
Audrey @TriGrowth

Hi Audrey,

You can check our documentation on how to improve the site performance:

If the hummingbirds create an issue to your issue then it is advisable to find an alternative plugin that does the same thing with hummingbirds. On the other hand, as long as you configured properly the caching plugin it won’t create any issue or the same problem you are facing on.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi,

I’m still having the same recurring issue with the anchor tags not working even though all my caching systems have been disabled and I’ve cleared cache on my browsers.

The anchor tags aren’t working on Safari (apple desktop and mobile) and Chrome (apple mobile).

Any suggestions?

Please disregard last message – I flushed the Siteground cache and now everything is fine again. :slight_smile:

Hi Audrey,

Great to know that everything is working now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.