Anchor link

Hi there,

I am just trying to set an anchor link on the same page for sections using a button. So I tried to set an anchor by adding #sectionname into the field HREF and ID at the button menu but it is not scrolling down when pressing the button. Where’s my fault?

I am talking about this site:

Summary

http://lieblingsfit.ch/wochenplan/

Summary

And I would like the site to scroll down when pushing the button “Barre Concept Hausen” to the Section “Barre Concept Hausen” right on the bottom.

Thank you very much for your help in advance! :slight_smile:

Hi @SOFricktal,

Thanks for writing in.

You should add the id where you want it go. In your page, it will not go down because it is already there. The scroll will follow the id. Try adding the id in your column.

You can check the link below for more details on how to anchor links.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi Nico

Thank you very much for your quick reply. :slight_smile:

I am very sorry but I didn’t get the clou so far. I gave section 3 a new name (thought that would be the ID then) and put that name into the ID an the HREF field. Isn’t that the right way? To start: do I even have to put the ID into both fields? ID and HREF?

After your reply I tried several other ways to find out the real ID of the sections I would like to scroll down to. But couldn’t find out.

I guessed it would be “ember2126” 'cause it’s named “id” but that didn’t work as well…

desperately hope for your support! Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Hi There,

To achieve that, you need to give each section a unique ID. You can do that by editing the section in cornerstone. section > customize

After that, edit the button you want to use to go to that section and enter the ID in the URL inputbox.

Hope it helps.

YAY! Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re most welcome :slight_smile:

Take care!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.