Anchor link issues in Pro 5.1.2

I discovered the issue while running 5.1.1. It’s the same issue others have reported where links to anchors are going to the wrong places.

I did basic troubleshooting, disabling plugins clearing cache, etc. Finally I went back to 5.0.8 and everything was fine.

Then I read about the issue and updated to 5.1.2 and the problem came back. Once again I went back to 5.0.8 and it works.

The slider feature is now a prominent part of this design and I can’t stay on 5.0.8. Please let me know what can be done.

Hi Sheri,

I have checked it in my local environment but was unable to replicate the issue you described here. Can you please please copy your live site to a staging server and update the Pro there and let us know login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– Specific page URL where you are having this issue.
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

I’m working on a local server. I’ll see if I can set this up tonight. There’s definitely something going on. I exported the template for this layout and imported it on a brand new site setup that only has Wordpress and pro 5.1.2 installed with no plugins. I verified that my ID tags are only used once each and I’m not getting any errors on the page. The first anchor link works, but the others do not. They are all set up the exact same way.

One thing I have noticed which I thought shouldn’t matter but maybe it does. It is forcing a slash into the link.

It should be
//site-url/page#anchor

Instead it forces it to
//site-url/page**/**#anchor

If I manually enter it, without the extra slash, directly into the address bar, it goes to the right spot for a second and then it adds the slash and moves to the wrong location.

The slash behavior is present in the one that works so it shouldn’t matter. The only other difference between that one and the others is the nesting, but that also shouldn’t matter.

For reference the nesting is:

<div id="anchor1"> </div>
<div> </div>
 <div> </div>
<div> 
    <div id="anchor2"> </div>
    <div id="anchor3"> </div>
    <div id="anchor4"> </div>
</div>

Anchor1 is the only one in this structure that works.

HI Sheri,

Thanks for reaching out!

A new update is available and it fixes the issue about hash scrolling. I suggest that you update your Pro theme to the latest version so that the fixes will be applied to your website.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

5.1.3 fixed it. Thank you so much!

Hi Sheri,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.