An error occurred while updating Slider Revolution: Update package not available

Hi! This morning, I cloned my production site onto our staging site to make sure everything was current on staging before I tested my plugin updates. All the plugin updates worked fine on staging.

But when I go to update the Slider Rev on my actual production site, I get this error:
An error occurred while updating Slider Revolution: Update package not available.

When I go to the Plugins Page on my production site and look at SR, it says this: There is a new version of Slider Revolution available. View version 6.5.31 details. Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin.

Again, what’s really weird is that I made a fresh clone of our production website onto our staging domain and ran all the plugin updates there first. The SR update worked perfectly on staging, but then it doesn’t work on the production site? I don’t understand why it works on a clone of the production site, but not the production site itself.

I found this old post (Slider Revolution Plugin not Updating), and it looks like the solution must have been delivered via Private Message because I don’t see what the solution was that they say worked. Even if the solution were visible, after 4 years, it may not be a solution anymore.

How do I get the Slider Rev plugin to update on my production site? Thank you! :slight_smile:

Production Site: https://www.scrapbookcowgirl.com/
Staging Site: http://2020.scrapbookcowgirl.com/

Hi @Jen6566,

Thanks for reaching out.
Currently, we are supporting version 6.5.25 of the said plugin, and I would suggest you compare the supported version with our version compatibility page and use only the supported version.

Thanks

Fair enough. I’m just confused why it updated on my staging site if you don’t support the next version yet. Our staging site, as of this morning, is a new clone of our production site. Why would the plugin update to the latest version on our staging site and not on the production site? Seems like I should be getting the same error on my staging site if you don’t support the latest version yet, don’t you think?

Hi @Jen6566,

It will be very difficult to tell why that is working in your staging server. But, I would suggest you stick to the version supported to avoid any problems in the future.

Thanks

It’s not a staging server. We host at Peopleshost.com and we can create staging sites on distinct subdomains, but both sites are on the same server.

No skin off my nose, but I’d think you guys would want to keep it from happening. If you can prevent my plugin update on my production site, whatever tech you’re using to block me from updating to the latest version of the plugin should work on staging, too - the fact that it’s on a subdomain shouldn’t make any difference, should it?

No worries - as long as you unlock the plugin on my production site once you start supporting the new version, I’m happy. Is that what will happen?

Hey @Jen6566,

We’re not quite sure why the Revolution Slider is updating on your staging area, that’s so strange! On the other hand, before we release an updates to our bundled plugins, our developers test it first if it’s compatible with the current version of the theme, once they passed all the requirements needed, that’s the time they release the new version of the plugin.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.