Also getting "a conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading."

I’m having some major problems with the most recent release of Pro.

Every time I try to edit a page, I get “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.”. If I hit Try Again, it’ll load maybe one in five times. If I let it sit there, the page eventually loads behind the error message. Other times when I hit Try Again, the page loads with ONLY the header and footer; no content.

  • I have tried PHP 5.6, 7.0, 7.1
  • I have tried MySQL 5.5 and 5.6
  • I have uploaded a fresh copy of the theme three or four times
  • I have increased PHP memory to 256MB both at the server level and within wp-config.php

Not sure what else to try at this point.

Hello?

I should also point out that during my own troubleshooting I have:

  • Disabled CloudFlare
  • Disabled Varnish
  • Removed my caching plugin
  • Purged local cache repeatedly
  • Tried different browsers. Seemed to have better luck in Safari but not by much

I’ve had the same issue, and have been no response in the last 24 hours. A few minutes ago I disabled an “AutoOptimizer” plug-in (which affects CSS and Javascript Code) and everything works great. You might try deactivating individual plug-ins one at a time and re-trying until you find the one that is causing the error. I tried clearing the cache and other things too with no success. I’d still like to know how to fix it, but at least for now this allows me to edit and update pages and posts on my site.

Don’t know if this will help you or not, but it has helped me.

Hey someone replied! :wink:

The site I’m doing dev work on came from of Pro 1.1, so it would follow that that Pro 1.2 should work without much trouble. I’ve already disabled all of my non-essential plugins to try and troubleshoot this on my own but didn’t have any luck. The plugins I left active were Bookly and Membership 2 (WPMUdev).

I’ve rolled back to 1.1 just now so I can actually get some work done. I’ll revisit 1.2 after another couple bugfix updates I guess.

Sorry I can’t be of more help. I just know what worked for me. This has been a great theme to work with and I’ve never really had any problems until now. So I suppose I’m giving it a pass, frustrating though it is. Not sure I like the new version of Cornerstone much.

You are not alone. I’ve got the same issues, and I thought mine was caused was because I just signed up with WPEngine - and that it might be something with their config.

I have no-plugins as I’m just getting the environment setup before we move our site there.

Here’s a link to my open case: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/a-conflict-on-the-front-end-of-your-site-using-wpengine/10722

I’ve provided an ID and PW for support to investigate.

IM.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for your frustrations.

We are fairly busy with this major update and replies are taking up to 24h.

The forum is the structure in a way if that somebody, even if not support member, participates on the thread the thread will be pushed to the end of the line. Our developers will work on that once we have finished this launching phase.

If you are still facing issues, open individual threads explain your situation and provide your login credentials in a secure note in order to speed the process if we need to check your system.

Please make sure to turn off all 3 party plugins for testing.

If you have cache plugins, flush the cache and turn off the plugins before the update.

Regarding Cloudfare, Auto Minifier should be off.

Also here you have a good article on CloudFlare.

https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Thank you