All sections randomly deleted in Cornerstone

Hi everyone,

I was editing a section of my website in Cornerstone and saved. When I viewed the webpage, everything except the header and footer were gone. Whereas I had 8 or 9 sections in my Homepage, now there are absolutely no sections in my Homepage. How did this all get deleted when I edited the text content of an element?

All the settings for the page itself are still there, including images, global CSS and JS, and the Wordpress settings. But all the sections and their content are completely gone. Is there a way for me to get my work back?

Wordpress Version: 4.8.2
X Theme Version: 5.2.3

Hello @PhasedDesign,

Thanks for asking and sorry for the trouble you are facing. I haven’t faced the issue of sections and elements inside getting deleted automatically. Do you have any backup templates saved? Also can you please share login details in a secure note, I would like to take a closer look?

Thanks.

Absolutely.

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the login credentials. I have checked your homepage and it seems that this has been edited outside of Cornerstone. I’ve looked at the revisions and there are 74 revisions of the pages. The last revision was 3 days ago. You can check more about revisions in the codex: https://codex.wordpress.org/Revisions

Please revert to the previous revision and see how it goes.

That did the trick, thank you so much!

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.