All image content disappeared after update

Hi, all the images on the website are gone, but when I open page in Cornerstone, I can see it. What to do?

Hello Aleksandar ,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site it seems that there is some JS console error. It might be due to plugin conflict. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I tried, but the images are still not visible on website, and I can see them in Cornerstone. I believe that it is just some checkbox, that I am not aware that exists.

Hello Aleksandar,

We cannot log in to your site. It seems that you have changed the WP login URL. In the meantime, go to your Plugins section and temporarily deactivated any image-related plugin, and test your site again.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

I limited access to wp-admin in -htaccess, so I need your IP address to add it and allow access.

Hi Aleksandar,

Sorry, but we are from different parts of the World and we have dynamic IP so we cant provide one.

It seems the issue has something to do with an Image optimizer, it could be one of your plugins or a hosting feature. Please deactivate all your Image optimizer plugins/features for a while and see if that resolves the issue.

Also, please clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Cheers,

Hi, thank you.
Would switching my theme from X to PRO solve this?
All Image plugins are off, and I did what you said, but images are still off.
I noticed that “Essential Grid” is asking to be activated, and it comes with X, and I do not have separate activation key. May be it is that?
Thank you in advance.

Hi Aleksandar,

They have also checked your website and found the same errors, which means the images are missing from your website or there might be some permission issues on the folders where those images are stored.
In any of the above cases, changing the WordPress theme will not help. I would suggest you remove the IP(s) restriction and let us know for further investigation.

Regarding the Essential Grid, it comes as a bundled plugin with our themes, and you don’t need to activate the License for that separately.

Thanks

Hi, I removed IP restrictions, you can log in with user and pass I wrote above.

Hi Aleksandar,

I have checked your website and found the issue. It seems that the images are being automatically optimized by the pagespeed module. The PageSpeed Modules, mod_pagespeed and ngx_pagespeed, are open-source web server modules that optimize your site automatically. And it renamed all your assets by adding pagespeed.ic or pagespeed.cf with some other random values and extensions of the respective files.

https://www.off-shore.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/xoffshore-company-registration.jpg.pagespeed.ic.em8a28kpcb.webp

https://www.off-shore.net/wp-includes/css/A.dashicons.min.css
https://www.off-shore.net/wp-includes/css/A.dashicons.min.css,qver=5.8.1.pagespeed.cf.DVmAQMtQdn.css

That means the pagespeed module is already installed on your server, and it will happen to your website if any of the default WordPress themes is activated. I would suggest you contact your Hosting Service provider to deactivate image optimization.
I would also suggest you go through the following article on this.

https://www.modpagespeed.com/doc/filter-image-optimize

If Hosting Service provider can’t help with this, consult with a developer to convert the image URLs back to the original image URLs.

Thanks

Hi, I logged into File Manager on Plesk, and I went into the same directories you wrote, and cannot find any files with changed names?!
I have Google PageSpeed extension installed to my Plesk server, should I remove it? Will it change anything?

I changed (deleted, and added again) images on all contact pages, and it works.
BUT I tried to do it on the front page, and it works on the part of the page (last 2 pics), and first 3 are not working.
https://www.off-shore.net/srpski_offshore/

Hi Aleksandar,

The images URL that PageSpeed generate for your site has become invalid/not accessible.

You need to force the PageSpeed to re-generate those optimize images. This is something a server-side configuration which we can not help you with, please contact your hosting regarding this matter.

Cheers,

Hi,
I found where to turn it off, and now everything is back to “normal”.
THANK YOU

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.