All Bolded Text

Hi,

My homepage of my site is continually bolding all text fields on my site. I’ve read a few of the help on here but it doesn’t seem to resolve my issue.

So far:

  • I’ve deleted all text fields and tried creating new ones, being careful to ensure that all ‘’ codes are closed appropriately.

  • I’ve tried using this code but it has no effect on my page:

body {
font-weight: 300 !important;
}

Initially, when I typed the text, it was appearing correctly, even with the bolded fonts but I noticed the change when I started to change the margins.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, please inspect your entire page content and look for unclosed <strong> tag and any other unclosed HTML tag. Also look at your header’s text content and header’s CSS for any unclosed tag and CSS block.

Also, try turning off and on again the Font Manager under Theme Options > Typography, then check the BODY FONT-WEIGHT again if it is set correctly.

If nothing works, please provide us URL and login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Hi,

I’ve checked for unclosed tags and CSS blocks but still no success. I even, tried placing only one text field at a time to ensure all the tags were closed but still no success.

Plus, I’m not very sure how everything works in Cornerstone. I’m not a coder by any stretch.

Hi,

I can see you are using Open Sans font but not all the font weights are being loaded.

I went ahead and fix it by adding the code below in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS

@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:300,300i,400,400i,600,600i,700,700i,800,800i');

Kindly check in your end.

Thanks

Hi @paul.r,

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for fixing this!

By way of learning, had I done something incorrect to not allow the font weights to not be loaded correctly?

Many, many thanks!

Hi again,

You might have loaded only the bold font, the code above loaded all the font weight that fixed the issue.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.