Ajax to search results from search modal/form/etc.. used

Hi there.

Site: https://fantasy-books.live
X Pro: 2.0.4
Wordpress: 4.9.4

Problem:

I would like to add an ajax to the search form that brings up results when a person types in their query (before they submit of course).

But I would like to know where I can go to edit those files so that it works with the search forms/box of the X Pro.

If you have any advice, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

It’s only possible with custom development and I myself not sure how to implement it. But it’s probably a mix of both ajax, ajax endpoints with a custom query, and then placeholders for results. But if you plan to edit existing search feature, then you will also consider the functionality of Wordpress’s default search then integrate it with the theme templates.

I recommend contacting a developer on this one.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.