After updating X from 9.1.4 to 10.1.6 and Cornerstone from 6.1.4 to 7.1.6, Cornerstone does not completely load

After updating mosaicchristiancounseling.com from 9.1.4 to 10.1.6 and Cornerstone from 6.1.4 to 7.1.6, Cornerstone does not completely load.

• The Cornerstone Settings page is blank .
  • When I edit any page in Cornerstone, the page preview loads, but not all of the Cornerstone controls load . See the screenshot below.
    • The top toolbar is incomplete – no Save button. The only thing that displays at the top is an “Uh Oh!” message (with no information about what caused the error) . The biggest problem is that there is no way to save any changes made in Cornerstone. I tried CTRL+S , but that didn’t work. IS THERE A WORK-AROUND TO SAVE CHANGES MADE?
    • Similarly, the bottom toolbar is incomplete. Undo, Redo, Custom Code, and screen size breakpoints are usable when I click the right spot, but the labels are not displaying. However, the breadcrumbs are displaying and working properly.
    • The Cornerstone Menu is not displaying and is not clickable.
    • The Outline, Inspector, Elements, Templates, and Globals panels of the vertical workspace are still accessible when I click on the right spot, but their labels are not displaying .
  • When I create a new blank page using the WordPress admin and then try to edit with Cornerstone, the same problems occur as noted above in 2. Plus, Cornerstone spins indefinitely trying to load the page preview.

TROUBLESHOOTING:

• I have tried the following:
    • Disable all plugins except Cornerstone
    • Delete custom code
    • Set the PHP memory limit to 1024 MB in php.ini (By default, Siteground sets this to 768M)
    • Disable Caching
    • Delete the SiteGround Optimizer plugin
    • Delete Cornerstone then reinstall and activate Cornerstone via the link in the resulting X-theme message.
    • Reinstall Wordpress
    • Delete Cornerstone. Reinstall X-theme (latest version) manually. Reinstall and activate Cornerstone via the link in the resulting X-theme message.
    • Delete code added to .htaccess by SiteGround
  • I am not using a CDN or child theme, so neither is the culprit.
1 Like

Hello @darlene_cain,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concern we need to check your settings so I would request you please copy your live site to the staging server so that we can debug your issue without breaking your live site. Please share your staging server admin login details in the secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • FTP

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi. I created a staging site. I’m not sure what I need to do for FTP since I don’t use it. Can you give me more information about what you need relating to FTP?

Hi @darlene_cain,

I have tested your staging site in many ways. But it seems that the console error s showing when Cornerstone is trying to load. There might be a chance that the WordPress has not been installed properly while updating to the latest version. I would request you contact your Hosting Service provider on this and let us know what is the feedback. We also need the FTP details to access the files to check if any problem occurs. If the problem does not solve, please provide the FTP details for further assistance.

Thanks

Hi. I had already tried reinstalling WordPress, but I tried it again just now. It didn’t help.

Can you please tell me exactly what FTP details you need? I hardly ever use it. I found the FTP host name and port, which I will share in a secure note.

Do I need to create an FTP account for you and send you the account login credentials?

How do I make sure that I am giving you FTP access to the staging site and not the production site?

Thanks!

Hi @darlene_cain,

If you are not using the FTP, you can also provide CPanel details from where we can access the files. And FTP required Username and Password along with the Port.

Thanks

I created an FTP account for you. I set the Home Path to the staging site’s directory. I will share the FTP details I have in a secure note. I hope they are what you need. Please let me know if they’re not.
Thanks!

Hi @darlene_cain,

I have checked it in several ways and didn’t find the reason behind your problem. It has been also found that the icons and other resources are not loading, it only happens due to the proper file permissions to the folder and the files or improper installation of WordPress. I would suggest you contact your Hosting Service provider once and let us know the feedback from them.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.